**Please review the below in detail so that AvalonBay may assist you as quickly as possible**
Based upon the reasons you are requesting assistance from AvalonBay, please attach any one of the supporting documents from the example list below (if you reside in Los Angeles, California, you are not required to submit supporting documentation):
- A written letter from an employer, on their letterhead, stating that your pay is reduced or eliminated due to COVID-19
- A paycheck stub or other documentation that shows that the company for which you are employed is closed or has laid off employees due to COVID-19
- Something advising that your children's school or daycare is closed due to COVID-19, and that you must stay home to care for them and are not receiving normal pay while taking this time off work
- A letter from a doctor on his/her letterhead (that includes a phone number and address for the doctor) that states you have been quarantined for health or exposure reasons relating to COVID-19
- Some sort of official computer printout or spreadsheet showing that your current business/income (if self-employed) has been reduced from last week/month. Example: if you are an Uber driver, provide a spreadsheet and/or computerized report of available hours, and how many rides completed during those hours, with a comparison to this week showing how many available hours the resident had, and how many rides completed during those hours
- Any verifiable/credible documentation to show that you are not able to earn normal salary/wages because of COVID-19
- A statement signed by you that you have been financially impacted by COVID-19 in a jurisdiction that permits self-certification (e.g., Los Angeles, CA)
Please take a moment to make sure that all requirements stated above are included before submitting this request in order to ensure a response from us. Only submit one form per household, thank you!
Please note that we are receiving an exceptional volume of inquiries at this time and we request your patience while we work to address each inquiry. Please refrain from reaching out to your community leasing office or the Customer Care Center to follow-up on your request as we will get to your request as promptly as possible. To help reduce concerns, AvalonBay Communities is not charging late fees for any unpaid portions of rent for the months of April and May 2020.
Thank you for your understanding and we wish all the best for you and your family during this unprecedented time!
AvalonBay Customer Care Center